Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I become a WMS member?
- You must first create a WMS account, creating an account takes a couple of minutes and is free of charge, if you already have a WMS account please log in to your account.
- Click "Join WMS" to start the membership process.
- You will be asked to enter/review your address details. Please complete all the required fields including selecting a membership type (Academic/Patient Advocacy, Pharma/Industry/Investors or Student) to proceed and click Submit.
- You will be prompted to choose the duration of membership. Once you choose the number of years of membership you will be redirected to the payment page. Student members will be also need to upload the required documents at this step.
- Your membership will become active as soon as you've completed your payment, a receipt will be automatically delivered to your mailbox, or you can always download your receipt from your account homepage.
I am a member of the society but have never entered the members area. How can I login?
First try to reset your password by using the "Forgot Your Password?" link. If the system does not recognise your email address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
I was a member of the society, but my membership expired. How can I resume my membership, or do I have to register again?
If you were recently a member your information may still exist on our database, so you may not have to register again. You can try to renew your membership by logging in to your WMS account and click "Renew Membership".
How long are memberships valid?
WMS memberships are valid for the duration of 12 months from the date you joined.
When do I have to register to become a member for this year?
You can renew your membership all year round. Just log in as a member and follow the information on your screen to see when you need to renew and how. We will also send you a renewal reminder email.
What is included with my membership?
During the year of membership:
- WMS Members can interact with a valued community dedicated to muscle research through attending the annual congress and using the website resources.
- WMS Members can register to that year’s WMS congress at a reduced fee.
- WMS Members will receive 12 copies of the official WMS monthly journal Neuromuscular Disorders.
- WMS Members can access the Neuromuscular Disorders online archive through the WMS website.
How can I delete my membership/account?
You may unsubscribe from our mailings by clicking the unsubscribe link located under each email. However if you'd like to completely have your account removed please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any further queries or a question we haven't answered regarding membership, you can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org