Role: We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Scientist to join our Cell Biology team working on multiple programs. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of in vitro biology to evaluate efficacy, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and mechanism of action of antibody-drug conjugates. The successful candidate will also have extensive assay development experience and be able to provide biology insights on new targets and therapeutic hypotheses to guide drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and collaborative team player and an ambitious self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced team setting. We offer a competitive salary with benefits and an opportunity for learning and advancement in an exciting startup environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design, execute, and analyze in vitro studies to profile candidates for proof of mechanism and proof of concept.
- Evaluate and validate in vitro disease model systems for muscle diseases.
- Hands-on experimental analysis of in vitro studies to drive go/no go data decisions.
- Utilize resources to design, evaluate, and develop new assays to answer key muscle disease questions to drive programs towards clinical development.
- Contribute technically and scientifically to the strategy and tactics of multiple projects.
- Work effectively with other disciplines including biochemistry, in vivo biology, and safety/tox to collectively build the preclinical data package for clinical candidate nomination.
- Contribute to building a positive, team-oriented culture.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- PhD in molecular biology, pharmacology or related life sciences and 1-2 years of hands-on industry experience in at least one of the following:
- Oligonucleotide therapeutics
- Antibody therapeutics
- Muscle biology
- BSc/MSc with 5 or more years of relevant experience will also be considered.
- Strong track record of research experience with relevant publications and presentations.
- Strong hands-on experience working with in vitro models including primary cell culture using molecular techniques including qPCR, ELISA, Luminex, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in-situ hybridization, Western blot, flow cytometry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organization and multitasking, and working in a highly collaborative and cross-functional research environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively manage CROs and to facilitate interactions with academic labs to ensure project progression.
- Waltham, MA, United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- On Site
- Valid Through
- 31 Jul 2020
- Posted On
- 10 Jul 2020
Dyne Therapeutics is pioneering life-transforming therapies for patients with serious muscle diseases. The company’s FORCE™ platform delivers oligonucleotides and other molecules to skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscle with unprecedented precision to restore muscle health. Dyne is advancing treatments for myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1), Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). Dyne was founded by Atlas Venture and is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.