We are seeking a Neuromuscular, Laboratory Head to lead the Neuromuscular Research Group in the
Genomics Medicine Unit at Sanofi. The successful candidate will play a lead role in identifying strategies to
treat neuromuscular disorders, support the development of gene therapy strategies targeting the muscle
and ensure successful translation of pre-clinical gene therapy programs to a clinical setting.
Specifically, the remit of the candidate will be to:
- Lead the development of gene therapy strategies and manage research programs in neuromuscular disorders.
- Apply muscle disease biology expertise to implement translatable models and biomarkers
- Responsible for applying scientific expertise and judgement to initiate, design, direct and execute experiments and/or studies in support of research and/or development project goals in a time sensitive manner.
- Implement research models with endpoints that support understanding patient disease biomarkers
- Act as an impactful contributor and/or leader of project teams and transverse initiatives.
- Foster creativity, productivity, execution with a sense of urgency, teamwork, accountability, crossfunctional collaboration, and employee growth and development.
- Develop and maintain a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- PhD in the field of muscle biology plus minimum 5 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting.
- Background / experience in non-viral gene delivery to skeletal muscle preferred.
- Expertise in formulation of gene therapeutics in non-viral delivery carriers such as lipid nanoparticles
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in muscle biology and experience with animal models of neuromuscular disease.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in designing and conducting in-vivo mouse studies and ex-vivo cell-based assays.
- Hands-on manager and experienced leader of other scientists and directing research projects with a proven track record of being a results-oriented leader of cross-functional teams.
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications in the field of muscle biology or neuromuscular disease.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written.
- Flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines and ability to lead others through change in a dynamic, fast paced industry and work environment.
- Experience in preparing high quality documents including technical reports, presentations, SOPs, experimental protocols and regulatory filings.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.