Role: Dyne is seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist in the in vivo biology group to support our drug discovery programs. This member will collaborate closely with cross-functional groups, execute established biomarker assays using a variety of readout technologies.
The successful candidate will be ambitious, motivated, an energetic self-starter, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We offer a competitive salary with benefits and opportunities for learning and advancement in an exciting start-up environment.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Execute research plans for in vivo studies.
- Analyze data and communicate findings to team members and management.
- Contribute to critical discussion of experimental design and assay development.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- BS/MS or equivalent in a biological discipline and 1-3 years of hands-on academic/ industry experience.
- Experience required in one or more of the following:
- Oligonucleotide therapeutics
- Antibody therapeutics
- Muscle biology
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to:
- Nucleic acid isolation extraction for gene expression analysis.
- Protein isolation, performing Western blots and ELISA.
- Familiarity with histological protocols (tissue-fixation, embedding, sectioning, staining, IF, IHC) is beneficial.
- Experience with handling in vivo samples is desirable.
- Have excellent organizational skills, be detailed-oriented, and the ability to support others in a faced-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and document research.
- Experienced in software applications (Prism, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Waltham, MA, United States
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Job Location
- On Site
- Valid Through
- 31 Jul 2020
- Posted On
- 10 Jul 2020
Dyne Therapeutics is pioneering life-transforming therapies for patients with serious muscle diseases. The company’s FORCE™ platform delivers oligonucleotides and other molecules to skeletal, cardiac and smooth muscle with unprecedented precision to restore muscle health. Dyne is advancing treatments for myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1), Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD). Dyne was founded by Atlas Venture and is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.