The Biology of the Neuromuscular system is a large international team with expertise in basic, preclinical, and clinical research. In a privileged partnership with the French Muscular Dystrophy Association (AFM-Téléthon), the team director Prof. Frederic Relaix has established the Translamuscle strategic pole that encompasses multiple long-term projects of the team on the understanding and treatment of neuromuscular disorders. The strategic pole was founded in 2015 and has been extended from 2020 to 2024 as Translamuscle II.
Our prime biomedical goal is to provide translational research and preclinical therapy testing of neuromuscular disorders, notably DMD. In this post you will bring your expertise in project management & reporting, funding acquisition & management, and lab management to help us achieve the above goal. Overlap with the current project manager is foreseen for training purposes.
- General follow-up and scientific surveillance on the projects of the strategic pole Translamuscle II
- Annual progress report and distribution of year expenses of Translamuscle II
- Response to grant calls that can offer supplementary funding of the Translamuscle II projects and redaction of corresponding reports in case of funding acquisition
- Drafting of Translamuscle II project presentations
- Organization of the team’s participation in AFM fundraising activities and conferences
- Organization of intra-team meetings for result discussion and sharing (lab meetings, lab retreat, etc)
- Translamuscle II result dissemination and activity communication via the team’s website and twitter account
- Develop and implement strategies for inventory control, assist in the ordering of equipment and reagents
Previous exposure in skeletal muscle biology would be welcome, since the core of the Translamuscle II projects is in this field. Experience in advanced therapies is an advantage, but not prerequisite.
Skills: scientific writing, result reporting, scientific surveillance, critical thinking, organization, team spirit
Languages: English, French
Type: fixed-term contract
Employer: Université de Paris-Est Créteil (UPEC)
Starting date: November/December 2021 | 2-month initial contract, possibility of annual renewals until 2024
Please send your CV & cover letter to the team director, Prof. Frederic Relaix (email@example.com) & the team’s management address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Deadline: 20/10/2021. Applications are reviewed as they arrive; candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
The Biology of the Neuromuscular System team of UPEC (University of Paris-Est Creteil)/IMRB (Institut Mondor de Recherche Biomedicale) is a large international team with expertise in basic, preclinical, and
clinical research. The team director leads the Translamuscle strategic pole of AFM-Telethon. Translamuscle encompasses
multiple long-term projects of the team on the understanding and treatment of neuromuscular disorders, currently looking for a project manager.